The Center for the Arts has received some complimentary tickets of "A Slavic Celebration" (27 May 2018, 8 pm) for HKUST staff and students.
Register now to get your free tickets!
Official tickets of "A Slavic Celebration" can be redeemed on 27 May 2018 from 7:30PM at the reception desk to be located next to the doors of Theatre, Sheung Wan Civic Centre.
- For HKUST members only
- You are advised to register for two tickets maximum. Please make sure to use the tickets.
- For redeeming the official tickets, you need to show HKUST student/staff ID card and Eventbrite registration confirmation email to reception desk for identification.
A Slavic Celebration
Date: 27 May 2018 (Sun)
Time: 8 pm
Venue: Theatre, 5/F, Sheung Wan Civic Centre
An evening of music, poetry, and visual arts in honor of The International Day of Slavic Culture and Letters. Featuring works by Rachmaninoff, Dvorak, Tchaikovsky, Chopin, Bobich, Sviridov, and Gavrilin.
Russian Sound Music Academy is honored to present this Gala-concert dedicated to the International Day of Slavic Culture and Letters. The concert features many Hong Kong celebrities of different national backgrounds who are joining us to perform music of Russia, the Ukraine, Poland, the Czech-Republic, Serbia, and Bulgaria. The evening will also feature poetry readings and images of the paintings of great Slavic masters. The project is organized by Russian Sound Music Academy and supported by the Consulate General of Russian Federation in Hong Kong SAR, Anastassia’s Art House, Russian Language Center, HK Camerata Strings and Ernest So Piano Library.
- Sergei Rachmaninoff , Trio élégiaque no. 1 in G minor
- Piotr Tchaikovsky, Serenade for Strings, mvmt. 1
- Sergei Prokofiev, Three Pieces from “Romeo and Juliet”
- Antonín Dvorák , “Mesiku na nebi hlubokem” ,Song to the moon from the opera “Rusalka”
- Sergei Rachmaninoff, “Здесь хорошо” (How fair this spot), Op. 21, no. 7, “ Весенние воды” (Spring waters), Op. 14, no. 11.
- Sergei Bortkiewicz, Preludes, Op. 33 No. 8 & 9
- Nicolai Medtner, Fairy Tales, Op. 51 No. 3 & Op. 20 No.
- Piotr Tchaikovsky, The final scene from the opera “Eugene Onegin”, Semenov, “Bulgarian Suite” ; Davor Bobic , Sonata no. 2
- Georgy Sviridov “ Богоматерь в городе” ( “Virgin Mary in the city”), “ О Родина, счастливый и неисходный час” ( “O my Homeland, o happy and eternal hour”)
- Frederik Chopin, Mazurka op. 24 no 2, Waltz in e-minor B. 56
- Valery Gavrilin, Waltz and Tarantella from the ballet “Anyuta”
Presented by Russian Sound Music Academy
Online Registration: click here
Special Discount for HKUST members - 50% off tickets
Ordering your tickets at URBTIX
To use your 50% off discount, simply enter "SVIRIDOV" at checkout.
*Email requests to the Center for the Arts will not be entertained.